Conservation of our wild and natural landscapes is pursued in a variety of ways: scientific, spiritual, legal, economic, etc. But all of these efforts to conserve nature for future generations rely on one keystone task: communication.
Conservation work is successful only after the idea – the message behind the work – is in the minds of those people who are vital to accomplishing the goal: the grassroots, local champions, decision-makers, the media, partners, challengers, etc. So often, high-quality conservation work wilts when communication priorities are not identified and their objectives not realized.
Corvus Conservation provides the following ‘Conservation Communication’ services:
Download a PDF version of Corvus’ Conservation Communication
• You may have a variety of conservation goals, outreach tools, and people you want to connect with, but lack a coordinated plan. Corvus can design your communication strategy, providing your project or your organization with detailed key messages, audience typing, media strategies, and community contact plans.
• You are knowledgeable and passionate about your topic, but can you convey that in the printed word? Corvus’ writing and editing services can help you express your message, and match your message to your technical, media, popular, management or political audience.
• Conservation is an information-based endeavor. Compiling that information in an appropriate, attractive, and readable format can be challenging. Corvus can create the brochures, posters, reports, booklets, or promotional items that you need. These services include document management (coordinating multi-author text, GIS output, graphics, and printing tasks) and desktop publishing (graphic design, layout, and web publishing).
• Given tight time lines and limited human resources, it can be more practical for you to take advantage of Corvus’ experience in managing communication projects.
• Every organization and every situation is distinct. Your communication needs and problems are unique. Talk through your conservation goals and challenges with Corvus, and we can help you identify where new communication efforts can help, and where current efforts are hindering. Corvus can outline practical, tangible solutions which are sensitive to your resources.
And more …
If you have any project related to conservation communication, call us, and we can discuss how Corvus can support your effort.